O’Sullivan Architects is pleased to offer professional Interior Design within our scope of services.
The interior design component of a project is more than simply furniture and finishes, but rather a complete, well thought-out design created to reflect the needs and spirit of those inhabiting the space.
By working closely with our clients, we get to know them and understand their goals, and translate these into spaces that reflect their personality and lifestyle; or in the case of a corporate or retail client, their image or brand. We work on a more personal level with individual homeowners, but are also able to understand and relate to a corporate or retail client whose requirements and goals are very different.
Each client is an individual and we approach every project with this in mind. By listening carefully to our clients, we offer them personalized service and thoughtful cost effective solutions.
The designer’s areas of expertise includes space planning, lighting layouts, custom millwork design, furniture layouts, and finish recommendations, as well as 3D modeling to assist clients in visualizing their spaces, or to be utilized in the marketing phase of projects. Throughout the process the interior designer will work closely and coordinate with other professionals involved in the project. Communication with the team of architects, engineers and contractors is vital to ensure that the project progresses smoothly, remains sensitive to budget and finishes on time.
INTERIOR DESIGN STAFF
Janice Gorman, LEED AP ID&C, LEED Accredited Professional with Interior Design & Construction Specialty
Janice is a seasoned Interior Design professional, with a variety of project experience on her resume. With a strong emphasis on corporate and banking clients, Janice has also had the opportunity to work on retail projects as well as a wide variety of residential projects. This includes additions and renovations, including larger scale, high end projects. The sum of these experiences has given Janice the knowledge and understanding required to offer professional-level Interior Design services.
Recent & Current Projects:
- East Boston Savings Bank – Completed 4 new branches in the greater Boston area in 2016. The Chinatown branch received the 2016 Prism Gold Award for Best Millwork and Custom Cabinetry by the Builders & Remodelers Association of Greater Boston. In addition to retail branch work, we have provided design services at the bank’s corporate headquarters building in Peabody.
- Purr Cat Café – New to the Boston area, we are excited to be involved in this fresh concept that is growing internationally. O’Sullivan Architects provided a full range of interior design services including floor planning, finishes, millwork design, furniture (human and cat), as well as lighting design. Purr is scheduled to open in 2017.
- A.J. Letizio Enterprise Center – A new 20K SF corporate headquarters building currently being designed for a thriving food marketing and distribution company. The project program includes a test kitchen and meeting/presentation space for over 100 people.
- China Moon Restaurant – Provided extensive interior design planning in order to bring the current restaurant up to code, as well as a total refresh of the interior that includes a new Hot Pot Dining Room. Currently under construction, and expected to be completed the first half of 2017.
- Shea Concrete, Amesbury – This family owned and operated business has deep roots in Amesbury and Wilmington, and it is a pleasure to help them continue their family legacy. The new building, designed by O’Sullivan Architects, was carefully planned to allow for future growth, and should serve them well for many years to come. From the exterior concrete walls to the carefully selected interior finishes and color selections, there are constant reminders of the purpose and roots of Shea Concrete. Also, in keeping with the sustainable philosophy of its owners, the building will be LEED Certified, and is scheduled for completion in 2017.
- 170 West Broadway Residences, South Boston – O’Sullivan Architects is the architect/designer of this new building in the heart of South Boston. In addition we have also been hired to provide interior design services for the common areas. The building is comprised of 36 condos, as well as retail space on the first floor. We worked closely with the developer and their marketing department to provide the look and feel that will appeal to the desired demographic. Common areas include feature walls, lighting and interior finishes selected to compliment the neutral color pallet throughout. 3D models of both common spaces and a number of specific unit models were developed to be used for marketing purposes.
- Northern Bank – Complete architecture and interior design services were provided for a new 2500 SF free-standing branch, in Sudbury, as well as a new 4,000 SF retail branch in the historic M.F. Charles Building in downtown Reading. O’Sullivan interior design services included developing a branch standard furniture and finish package that is now being implemented throughout their branch network. Currently in the planning stages on several future branches. O’Sullivan also provides design consultations on an as needed basis.