National Association of Home Builders 2016 Silver Award Winning Design Best of 55+ Housing
(Category: For Sale Attached Home – Over 1,700 Square Feet)
ARIA at Hathorne Hill is a 71-unit, partial age-restricted (75%) community in Danvers, MA, featuring townhomes and single level units.
- The project was designed to meet the needs of 55+ buyers seeking to downsize from single family homes. The 8-unit buildings consist of four unit types. Each unit has its own private exterior main entry and private one or two car garages.
- The homes feature high ceilings and large windows to take advantage of the views atop Hathorne Hill. All units have private garages with interior unit entries and staggered outdoor decks/patios giving each home privacy. All were designed with main floor master bedroom suites and the townhouse units have the option of a second floor master suite as well.
- Units feature many desirable elements including gourmet kitchens with islands open into large great rooms offering maximum flexibility for living and dining. Master bathroom features an oversized shower with bench seat for safety and livability. We incorporated generous storage on living levels, minimizing the need for trips up and down stairs, reducing falling risk and preventing issues for owners with limited mobility. Multiple, pre-selected standard finish packages included gas fireplace with marble surround, chair rail and crown molding, kitchen cabinet styles and color, hardwood flooring, granite islands, pendant lighting, and ceiling fans, created to give prospective buyers the opportunity to customize the finishes to their personal taste and style.
ARIA at Hathorne Hill Design and Aging-in-Place Features:
- Only one seven inch step to enter front door of townhouse units
- All units designed to become adaptable with provisions for future installation of grab bars
- 1st floor owner’s bedroom suite or dual owner’s suites design offered for flexibility as owner ages
- Garage, Laundry and Kitchen on same living level
- Large baths with extra clearance to aid mobility
- Under cabinet task lighting for improved visibility
- Levered door handles for ease of opening
- Convenient to local medical facilities, located less than ¼ mile away
- Pre-selected finish packages, reducing anxiety associated with options/upgrades selection and cost
- Tech/media centers in each unit to help organize items and reduce clutter