This rare seaside estate property included a 100-year old mansion with carriage house in disrepair. The goal was to transform the carriage house into a residence and required Historical Commission review.
– The carriage house was completely renovated as a spacious single-family residence with a total of 4,000 SF including the garage. Many of the original exterior details were enhanced or reproduced in the effort to retain the historical nature of the property
– The small rear addition allowed better connection between the levels
– New deck with wall of glass opened the Carriage House to sweeping views of the ocean and Boston skyline, and provided wind protection
– Finishing the ground floor and installing patio doors to exterior provided Family Room living space
– Situating the main living spaces on the second floor provided enhanced views and bright airy feel