This rare seaside estate property included a 106-year old mansion in disrepair and waiting to be revitalized. The goal was to transform the existing mansion and carriage house into a pocket community providing a sweeping ocean views as well as views of the Boston skyline, adapting to new multi-family use through careful respectful additions.
– The unique quality of the buildings with stucco exteriors, clay roof tiles and a multitude of exterior detailing provided the inspiration for the renovations
– The 14,000SF mansion was transformed into 4 luxury townhouse residences ranged in size from 3,400-3,700 SF.
– Additions to the mansion on the ocean-facing side created additional living space and private patios for each residence. Individual garages were added on the street side
– Enclosing the open porch for additional living space and changing sunroom to part of the heated space allowed for conversion to four spacious townhomes
– One-of-a-kind layouts are enhanced with many amenities, including heated driveways and walkways, and an elevator in each unit to fit the market segment. Generous exterior windows wash the interiors with daylight and allow for spectacular ocean views
– Interior layouts with 2-4 bedrooms, provided wide corridors, generous bathrooms, and elevators to all for aging in place