This 1952 kitchen was completed transformed by the renovation which included new pocket doors between the kitchen and dining room, and a new wall opening for a doorway connecting the kitchen to the living room, improving the overall flow of the floorplan.
Additionally, the kitchen was opened up to the front hallway, creating a more open feeling and direct sightline from the front foyer to the rear of the house, allowing more daylight into the space. Hardwood floors were continued into the kitchen space. White cabinets pop against the darker gray walls, and the oiled walnut island counter becomes the focal point of the expanded new kitchen. Handmade Irish tiles over the stove add a personal touch.